FAQ Zoeken Gebruikerslijst Gebruikersgroepen Profiel Log in om je privéberichten te bekijken Registreren Inloggen

Chairperson Kagwiria Mbogori said on Saturday Na

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wie is de mol Online -> Speluitleg
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
liyifeng1234

BerichtGeplaatst: 18-01-2019 08:43:02    Onderwerp: Chairperson Kagwiria Mbogori said on Saturday Na Reageren met citaat

by Ejidiah Wangui

NAIROBI Ronnie Harrison Jersey , Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- Kenya's Dennis Ng'ang'a has uploaded over 10 photos of his pinky finger bearing a dark purplish blue mark on his facebook page, a proof that he took part in country's historic elections on Aug. 8.

It was Ng'ang'a's first time to take part in a general elections and he is not taking it for granted.

The first-time voter is capitalizing on the situation to send a message to fellow youth and the 19-year-old felt that casting his vote is in itself a milestone.

He achieved his singular mission of electing his preferred leaders at all levels of government.

The next step, he says, is making the leaders deliver on their promises. He plans to do so on social media platforms where majority of newly elected leaders are members.

Ng'ang'a is among millions of Kenyan millennials who took part in the general election for the first time and if numbers do not lie, the country's political landscape is headed for a change with the youth becoming more assertive on the kind of leaders they want.

Even though some of the leaders that Ng'ang'a voted for did not make it Dante Fowler Jr Jersey , he's happy that a Constituency in central business district of Nairobi where he voted, his favorite lawmaker and a renowned artiste has made it to the August House.

"I was at my polling station at 4 a.m. on Tuesday and was very excited to take part in the elections for the first time. I'm a second year Graphic and Design student at the Kenya Technical University and in one year's time I will be out here looking for a job. I want a leader who identifies with my needs and to settle on the ones I voted for, I had to make sure their manifestos addressed my worries," Ng'ang'a to Xinhua during a recent interview.

The Starehe Constituency located at the heart of Kenyan capital where Nganga cast his vote has for decades been represented by old politicians who could hardly connect with the youth.

The situation was different this election cycle since all the leading candidates in the race were below 35 years, a reflection of robust participation of youth in civic affairs.

Grace Adhiambo Dawuane Smoot Jersey , a millennial and currently a second year student at the University of Nairobi was not been left behind.

Her Facebook page is replete with photos of her pinky finger, bearing the Independent and Electoral Boundaries Commission (IEBC) mark, a proof that she also took part in the elections.

A voter in Nairobi's Embakasi East Constituency, Adhiambo is happy that her preferred candidate, also a youth made it to the August House.

Like many of her peers A. J. Cann Jersey , she is proud to have taken part in the hotly contested elections.

"I was eagerly waiting for the elections and I'm happy to have taken part. In our class back at campus, those who didn't vote will have to buy lunch for the rest of us who voted as a punishment

"I'm glad the number of the youths elected in Tuesday's elections are higher compared to previous elections. I hope the youthful leaders will use their position to address some of the problems we are facing such as joblessness," she said.

Adhiambo believes the youth in Kenya have the numbers to create the kind of leadership they want, saying the few that were elected during Tuesday's elections have the hard task of fulfilling the high expectations from the electorate.

"We did our part, now it is upon the newly elected leaders to live up to their billing. We will be monitoring them closely for the next five years Yannick Ngakoue Jersey ," said Adhiambo.

According to IEBC records, half of the over 15 million Kenyans who took part in the just concluded elections were between 18 and 35 years.

Weekly choices of Xinhua photo

1,400 night view projects lightened up in Xiamen

Rescuers continue search in quake-hit Jiuzhaigou

Portugal's Henriques breaks women's 50km race walk world record, China wins surprise medals

Weekly choices of Xinhua photo (Aug. 5 - Aug. 11)

Highlights of multinational drill in Georgia

People mark national Fitness Day around China

Aerial view of Gula Town in S China

NAIROBI, Aug. 12 (Xinhua) -- Kenyan opposition coalition said Saturday at least 100 people had been killed by the police responding to protests which erupted after the announcement of the presidential election results on Friday night.

The National Super Alliance (NASA) Legal Counsel Dede Westbrook Jersey , James Orengo, told reporters in Nairobi the post-election violence deaths followed a shoot-to-kill order to the police command by senior government officials.

"At least 100 people have been killed, 10 of them children," Orengo told reporters during a news conference called by the coalition's leaders to brief supporters on the ongoing political crisis.

Sporadic but widespread violence erupted on Friday night after the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) declared President Uhuru Kenyatta the winner of the presidential race.

In Nairobi, violence broke out in Kibera Cam Robinson Jersey , a populous slum in the capital, Mathare and Kawangware slums.

There have also been violent protests in other estates in the capital. Widespread violence also broke out in Maseno, in western Kenya, Kisumu, Bondo Telvin Smith Jersey , Siaya, Ugunja, Migori and Homa Bay towns.

State-funded Kenya National Commission on Human Rights however said 24 people have been killed across the country from police brutality since Aug. 8.

Chairperson Kagwiria Mbogori said on Saturday Nairobi accounts for the highest number of casualties with 17 deaths which occurred mainly after the announcement of presidential election results on Friday night.

Homa Bay, Migori and Siaya account for two deaths each while one death had been reported in Kisumu, Mbogori said during a press conference in Nairobi.

Mbogori said the commission has established that the deaths were caused by the use of live bullet Aromatherapy is a medicat. Cheap Hats Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap NCAA Shirts Cheap MLB Shirts Cheap Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Replica Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Cheap Replica NHL Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wie is de mol Online -> Speluitleg Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: