FAQ Zoeken Gebruikerslijst Gebruikersgroepen Profiel Log in om je privéberichten te bekijken Registreren Inloggen

cylinder kapelusz

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wie is de mol Online -> Speluitleg
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
Kelly Job

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-09-2020 09:00:09    Onderwerp: cylinder kapelusz Reageren met citaat

’žBut, as we go on and see what Jesus says, cylinder kapelusz repentance is far more than that act of intellectual comprehension. There is more to it than just mentally agreeing with that factual statement. It starts there, but it is so much more than that. And what we're about to unfold and about to unpack is something that I think really starts to expose the poverty of the American Christian saint, the poverty of contemporary evangelicalism. Because it's easy, in one sense, to get people to say, "Oh, yeah, I'm a sinner." But the second aspect of true repentance is where you start to see that we fall short, where we don't really take this seriously. When I say "we," I'm talking about the professing Christian church in general, as well as us individually.

Jesus went beyond this intellectual and emotional reaction against sin and taught kapelusz na lato us that repentance goes to your very will. It goes to your very volition. This is the third sub point here. Repentance turns away from your sin. Repentance turns away from your sin. It's not enough to know that you're a sinner. It's not enough to grieve over szalik damski your sin. The point of repentance is that you would grieve over it to the point that you turn away from it, that you decisively, consciously break from it and turn away from it and say, that is unacceptable in my life. So, on a volitional level, you turn from sin in order to serve God.

Jesus' call to repentance demands  it requires the sinner to transfer his ultimate heart allegiance  his final heart allegiance  to Christ.In the utter center of your heart it should be - it must be if szalik męski you're in a Christian  it must be settled that there is nothing on Earth that approaches your love for Christ. There is nothing that competes with the final affections of your heart. If it's a matter of choosing between Christ and life, you gladly bear the wounds of a martyr.

So, let me say this. We get it all wrong. We get it all seriously wrong. We seriously distort the gospel beyond recognize. We disfigure it when we tell people, as if this were the final word on the gospel, that they need to accept Christ as their personal Savior. If that's all that you say to someone, you have not explained the gospel to them at all. There's nothing in that that helps a sinner understand what the price of the gospel is. The sinner needs to understand that his great concern is for Christ to accept him.So, what is the relationship, then, between repentance and faith? Repentance, you could say, turns from sin in the ways that we've been describing here.

I'm speaking to the believers now. One of the challenges of preaching on repentance is szalik look that the preacher has to make care where he leaves his audience. The whole point of this is to build you up, not tear you down. But the nature of repentance and teaching on repentance is so introspective that it is kind of heavy.I want you to remember this; true repentance is a turning from self to Christ. If you're repentant, you have Christ. You have God over all, most blessed forever as the One who owns you and directs your life, and owns you and will bring you into heaven. Christ belongs to you, and you belong to Him.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wie is de mol Online -> Speluitleg Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: