FAQ Zoeken Gebruikerslijst Gebruikersgroepen Profiel Log in om je privéberichten te bekijken Registreren Inloggen

Rip DVD to Plex in Lossless/Uncompressed MKV Format

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wie is de mol Online -> Voorgaande spelen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
PavSoft888

BerichtGeplaatst: 03-09-2019 08:42:57    Onderwerp: Rip DVD to Plex in Lossless/Uncompressed MKV Format Reageren met citaat

Plex is popular for its powerful media organization and sharing function. Due to this advantage, many people tend to copy DVD collections to Plex then they can stream DVD movies on HD TV via Plex without bothering DVD discs and DVD Player again. But in the DVD ripping process, it is likely to lose the original video quality, therefore, many people searched on the google for the way to copy DVD to Plex with lossless/uncompressed files:

Just wondering what the easiest, quickest way would be to get 800-900 DVD’s ripped and put into some format so I can share them into plex? I am running a MAC and PC , Which file extension am I aiming for? Avi? MKV?”

“My buddy lets me connect to his Plex server, and even added me to his Home on the Plex Pass, because of this, I want to help him out. He has a vast (about 1700 titles) DVD collection that I want to start helping him archive. For lots of the newer ones, we can find excellent digital copies elsewhere, but he has several obscure DVD titles that aren’t available anywhere else, so we would need to rip them from his collection manually.

My question is this: What is the best way to get uncompressed (he has a 4x16TB setup so size isn’t an issue… yet) DVD rip that is compatible with Plex? He wants the best quality possible without worrying about size so when streams to somewhere outside his network (and I stream to mine) it doesn’t make it too bad.”

Actually, MKV is the best choise to rip DVD to Plex cause MKV is such a flexible container format that supports various codes, including H.264, VC-1, AC3, DTS, etc. Almost all DVD movies are saved as H.264/MPEG-2 encoded .VOB files with AC3 or DTS audio, in that case MKV is mostly compatible with DVD movies and it is possible to keep original H.264 video codec when converting DVD clips to MKV container without en-decoding, lossless video quality is retained. So how to rip DVD to lossless/uncompressed MKV?

What you need is a software that could kick the copy protection of DVD to one side and remux DVD into MKV without quality loss to play on Plex server. Here is how come Pavtube ByteCopy, an efficient DVD Ripper, which is specially designed for users who want to rip BD/DVD ISO images files to lossless/uncompressed MKV with multiple audio tracks and subtitles. Pavtube ByteCopy can remove DVD encryption including CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney x-project DRM and Blu-ray AACS, BD+, UOP, Region codes, MKB v61, MKB v62 then convert DVD and Blu-ray to Plex in lossless/uncompressed MKV container. Read: ByteCopy VS. MakeMKV VS. DVDfab

How to Lossless Convert DVD to Lossless MKV for Plex?

Step 1. Load DVD Movies

Free download Pavtube ByteCopy to your computer, install and launch it. Insert DVD into disc drive which is well connected with the computer, click the “Load from disc” button in ByteCopy and browse to disc drive for importing.

Step 2. Choose lossless MKV as target format

Click the format bar to follow “Multi-track Video” and “Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV (*.mkv)” because it will contain chapter markers in the output video.

Step 3. Adjust V/A settings

Click “Settings” to enter Multi-track video profile window; switch to “Video” and find the “Encode” box which is unchecked by default, so if you want a lossless MKV copy, do not touch it.

Step 4. Start ripping DVD to MKV

Click the big “Convert” to start DVD to lossless MKV conversion. The conversion speed also depends on your computer configuration. Since the movies are remixed to MKV directly without transcoding, the conversion should complete in a short time. After conversion, click “Open” or “Open output folder” to quick locate converted files.

Ok now the lossless MKV files are prepared; transfer them to your hard drive or NAS to stream it to Plex Media Server, now you can watch your DVD movies on TV with exactly the same quality as original!

Related Articles
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wie is de mol Online -> Voorgaande spelen Tijden zijn in GMT + 2 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: